After completing 8th grade, students historically would transition to nearby Nottingham High School; currently, however, they may choose to attend any of the city’s high schools that matches their academic and career preferences. In 2019, high school options included:
- The International Baccaleaureate (IB) Program at Corcoran High School;
- a Natural Resources / STEM program at Nottingham High School;
- Several Health Careerstracks at Henninger High School;
- Public Service Leadership Academy (PSLA) at Fowler High School (with 12 programsincluding Fire Safety, Law Enforcement, Cybersecurity, and Forensic Science);
- Career-focused programs in Automotive Technology, Biotechnology, Culinary Arts and Media Communications at the Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
- The P-TECH(Pathways in Technology Early College High School) program, a collaborative partnership between the school district, Onondaga Community College (OCC) and the Manufacturers’ Association of Central New York (MACNY) that grants students an opportunity to earn their diploma, earn an associate’s degree and gain workplace learning experience at no cost in 5-6 years.