Just as any Ed Smith parent or legal guardian is a PTO member, any PTO member can volunteer to strengthen the school community. Getting involved is a great way to learn about the school and your fellow Ed Smith families.
For more information on these or any other opportunities for involvement, please email EdSmithPTO@gmail.com.
- Join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and our Listserv
- Attend monthly PTO meetings
- Pitch in during one of our many events throughout the year, including the Inclusive Talent Showcase, the Ed Smith Carnival, or the Ed Smith Art Auction
- Serve as a classroom helper for your child’s teacher
- Purchase an item from the Ed Smith Teachers and PTO Wishlist on Amazon
- Give or fundraise to cover field trip costs, to support the performing and visual arts, or to provide a free book of choice to every student during the book fair
- Volunteer to serve on the Ed Smith PTO Board of Directors
The Ed Smith community gathers for a number of memorable events that we look forward to each year.
- Ice Cream Social – This back to school event happens a few days before the new school year, watch for a letter from Mr. Barber confirming fall date!
- Inclusive Talent Showcase – Cheer on our Coyotes as they take the stage to share their talents. From singing and dancing to magic and comedy, it’s a great way to celebrate our students.
- Ed Smith Art Auction – Bid on art donated by local artists (including Ed Smith parents and guardians just like you) while enjoying great music, food, drink, and conversation.
- The Great Ed Smith Carnival – This is the biggest community event of the school year. Games, prizes, food, bounce houses, and more!